[AMRadio] Timer Motor

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Fri Mar 30 19:53:14 EST 2007

Rick,
    Most of the time with the Synchron motors it is the drive and not the
motor. Dust dirt get lodged in the gears and lock the motor up. Try removing
the motor from the drive, usually held in place by 2 #4 screws. Once that is
done, remove the back of the motor and apply power. You should see the
armature begin to spin. Use a good degreasing agent or flood the drive with
alcohol to remove the debris. Then re-assemble. If all goes well, your drive
should work well until you need to do it again. If you have a number, I
maybe able to cross it with some that are used on our Foxboro chart
recorders at work.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK