No subject

Sun May 13 10:46:53 EDT 2007

For $50.00 (or $60.00 for the backlit version) it makes a great
freq counter for the transmitted signal, an outboard freq display
for boat anchors, etc.

Since I fit the digital readout, I removed the LARGE slide rule
national dial assembly and fit a national vernier drive assembly
and a large knob. This does not tune as nice as the big
(ugly) slide rule dial.
The ratio is likely 8:1 and the slide rule was something like
10:1.
I don't know what I can do to correct this.
That old slide rule dial sure tuned nice, smooth, no backlash
at all, about a full turn to go 10kc or less!

Hey, how about the article in electric radio by Tom,
W3BYM?
Nice looking 813 rig!

Brett
N2DTS