No subject

Sun May 13 10:46:53 EDT 2007

parameters except for the plate dissipation.

The 4-125 IS different...lower filament power, different spacing,
lower maximum voltage rating....

I think the best way to modulate these tubes is with the separate
mod transformer winding.
You can do fine with the choke in the screen circuit, but
the peak power seemed to be lower than with other tubes.

The 813 seems to love the choke setup...lots of peak
power without even trying hard.

The original 30k-1 design had a separate mod transformer
winding...worked great till I blew it up running
on the air frequency tests!
(this was a long time ago, before I knew better)

The thordarson mod transformer with the choke did not
modulate quite as well.

Brett
N2DTS