No subject

Sun May 13 10:46:53 EDT 2007

Posted by Bill Kleronomos, KD0HG on November 12, 2000 at
23:09:44:

The specs for triode connected 813s are :

Max Ep= 2500, P-P load =~15,000, power out = 550W.
Depending on the plate voltage, you'll need a few volts of
bias which can be provided in the conventional manner.  The
u of a triode-connected 813 is 8.5.

The exact P-P load Z and match isn't anywhere as important
as the turns ratio between your mod transformer windings.

To triode connect, tie G1 and G2 together and treat as one
control grid. You can ground G3 and the internal shield.

Look for a mod transformer (and any associated reactor)out
of a 250-1000 watt broadcast transmitter, for starters. The
iron out of a BC-610 or a T-368 would also be useable, but
not quite as hi-fi at full power.

A good resource for broadcast transmitter parts and
contacting people that might have good junque is
www.broadcast.net and
http://radio-classifieds.com/classpro/viewads.html

luck

Bill