No subject

Sun May 13 10:46:53 EDT 2007

controls?

I talked to a Canadian ham a couple of weeks ago, and his opinion was that
the Canadian gov't has all but abandoned any concern about ham radio much
like the FCC has all but given up on CB in the US.  He told me that the ham
licence was issued for lifetime now, with no expiration and that the annual
renewal fee has been cancelled.

I can see how that could be a double edged sword.  There wouldn't be the
never-ending concern about the micky mouse gov't micromanagement of ham
radio like the bandwidth proposal and subband debate going on in the US, but
on the other hand, we don't want ham radio to become so deregulated that it
becomes little more than a "respectable" version of CB.

Don K4KYV