No subject

Sun May 13 10:46:53 EDT 2007

The Electric Radio (ER) Worked All States Amplitude Modulation (WAS AM)
Award is available to all radio amateurs worldwide who submit proof of
having contacted each of the 50 states of the United States of America
using the AM mode of communication.
The purpose of this award is to recognize the efforts of radio amateurs
involved in the use of the heritage mode of AM, the restoration of vacuum
tube radio equipment, and the building of new AM amateur radios based
upon state of the art technologies.
Two-way communications must be established on amateur bands with each
state using Amplitude Modulation (AM), on or after the start of the 21st
Century (i.e., on or after 1 January 2001)
All amateur bands (HF, VHF, etc) may be used. There is no minimum signal
report required. The District of Columbia may be counted for Maryland.
Additional details,  http://www.ermag.com/forum/thread.cfm?TID=49

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:28:17 -0700 "Barrie Smith" <barrie at centric.net>
writes:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but . . . I thought a valid WAS AM was where
> both
> stations were using AM plate modulation.
>
> John, W7KNT lives nearby, and does not have AM plate modulation.
>
> If a valid contact can be made using a rice-box, I can get on
> anytime.
>
> 73, Barrie, W7ALW

multipart/alternative
  text/html
The reason this message is shown is because the post was in HTML
or had an attachment.  Attachments are not allowed.  To learn how
to post in Plain-Text go to: http://www.expita.com/nomime.html  ---