[AMRadio] Spy radio

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:56:36 EDT 2007

On 4/30/07, Mike Sawyer <w3slk at hughes.net> wrote:
> Joe said:
> ACU can pretty much pay whatever he wants for a radio.  There was an auction
> a couple years ago where he paid somewhere near $2000 for an Ameco AC1.  I
> don't think I'd even bother trying to outbid him.
>
> I know Joe, N3IBX, outbid him on a HB transmitter a few years ago. Even Joe
> Walsh can't avoid the effects of the Vortex;>)

Yep, 'UJR has won a few auctions 'against' 'ACU and others. I figure
it all boils down to how badly you want something, really. More power
to Joe for having the dough and not being timid about using it. For
all the carping the few have done over the years about how much Joe
'ACU bids on some items, I've often wonder how many, in the same
financial position, wouldn't do the same?

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ