[AMRadio] Spy radio

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 1 11:43:36 EDT 2007

On 5/1/07, david knepper <collinsradio at comcast.net> wrote:
> Isn't this like oil consumption - why should we share the world's oil with
> any other underdeveloped country.  We have the greater "thirst" so why
> should we give our "right" away to guzzle oil anyway we please.

No, Dave - it's more to do with exercising your freedom to buy or not
buy, as you see fit. Condemning others who are able to do what you can
only dream about doing, due to lack of finances/ability/whatever,
reveals nothing beyond petty jealousy and envy.

> Same as radio equipment - elbow your way into to the crowd at a hamfest and
> outbid everyone else because that's the American way and outbid everyone
> else on Ebay.

The 'American Way' that I'm aware of is based on opportunity and the
freedom to choose. Instead of opportunities, there are always some who
prefer guarantees.

> I love it when some "fat cat" is outbid.

Or to put it another way, there are, no doubt, folks out there who
enjoy it when you get beat out for something or otherwise
outdone/outbid. It's all a matter of perspective, but I bet you see it
differently when applied to your actions and interests.  The old 'do
as I say, not as I do' approach, perhaps?

At least for this aspect of amateur radio, 'It's only a hobby'.
Nothing to get upset over. If you're getting pleasure out of seeing
someone get outbid for some old radio item on ebay, maybe you should
take up gardening? (o:

Honestly Dave, you want us to believe that if you were a
multi-millionaire tomorrow, you wouldn't buy any and every piece of
Collins or other old radio gear you wanted for the "Collins Radio
Center" or whatever you call it? Puh-LEASE!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ