[AMRadio] Spy radio

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:05:30 EDT 2007

On 5/1/07, W4AWM at aol.com <W4AWM at aol.com> wrote:
> I had that happen one time at the FARFest when one of the prevelant gear
> hoarders jumped in front of me.  Revenge was sweet several years later when I was
> hagling on something and he jumped in.  It became a bidding war and another
> local won out.  I didn't mind loosing to the third party since my "friend"
> didn't get the item. He was some kind of upset and I reminded him about this
> previous activity which he denied.

I had a similar experience years ago at the Milton hamfest. Mike, W1RC
wrote about the event on the original boatanchors list back when it
happened. I was asking about the price of a Collins KWM-2A that a
fellow had for sale. He responded, and as he did, one of the flippers
in attendance reached around me, grabbing the rig and saying "I'll
take it".

It bothered Mike a lot more than it did me at the time, he was
downright angry. It was indeed rude and unnecessay behavior. And yes -
what goes around, comes around, and he lost out later for all to see.

But that's a totally different situation than simply buying something
you want and can afford to pay for - whatever the price. Co-mingling
the two to support a different position as Dave was doing is a bit
intellectually-dishonest, IMO.