[AMRadio] Spy radio

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue May 1 12:34:01 EDT 2007

Interesting thought. "...is AM cheaper than SSB?..  Let's see, I have some
ssb equipment that I paid a considerable amount for.  However, if I were to
tally up the odds and ends, parts and pieces I have for AM I would say ,
"no", AM is not by any means cheaper or less expensive than ssb.  One table
top transceiver and one legal limit amplifier can cover the entire amateur
spectrum, but it would take a room full of "real radios" to do the same
thing and that ain't cheap!  The way I see it, this is a great hobby and
when we stop treating it as such and become concerned with the cost of
things then we are spending too much money on it.  I personally spend what I
can afford and that's not much.  If I had gazillions I would spend much more
on my "hobby" and on other things that matter.  It's all relative.  I don't
think a comparison between the richest man I the world and a poor old stiff
like me is quite fair.  Kind of like comparing apples to cow dung!

Whew... That was a mouthful...  No offense intended to anyone, these are
just my personal thoughts.
Rick