[AMRadio] WAS:Spy radio - Swapmeet and Auction Ethics

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue May 1 17:48:46 EDT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Jim Wilhite wrote:

> In the past couple of years I have refused to sell stuff to guys like this,
> and there seems to be plenty of them.  When they offer much less than I want,
> I tell them it is as easy to take home as it is to carry the money.  If they
> want it, the price marked is what they will pay.  People who buy for
> themselves are a different story.  I will dicker with them.

   I like the oft-rpeated "$100!?!?!?! Dang man! I kin git a buncha these
fer $7.50 a-piece!!"

    To which I reply - "Hey, here's $250 cash... bring back a carton of 'em
and we'll split the profits.."

> What rattles my cage is a fest will have set up times for vendors.  They do
> not allow anyone else in the building. These jerks go around a buy stuff from

   HEY!!  I resemble that description!     ;}

> each other before anyone else has a chance.  I also refuse to sell to those
> types before the fest opens.

   I respectfully disagree here, Jim - some of my best, 'no-nonsense' deals
are always with the other vendors before the Masses are unleashed.  And,
if I sell a vendor something for $100 - and he takes it to his table and
then gets $200 for it - well, then - we both got our asking price, and we
both made money.

   As long as you have gotten 'value' for your Item, what does it matter
who the parties in the transaction were? My 200 millidollar, at any
rate...

   Cheers

John
KB6SCO