[AMRadio] WAS:Spy radio - Swapmeet and Auction Ethics

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue May 1 19:09:45 EDT 2007

I did not particularly choose your response to single you
out Bry. I am responding to about three other comments so
please don't feel as if I have chosen you.

I have, over the years, been the recipient of many things
that were given to me.  If I don't use what is given to me,
I give to others if they have a need.  If I have something
that someone else needs that I have paid money to purchase,
I sell it to someone who will use it, at the same price, not
sell it at an inflated price.  I see this as a hobby and
only want enough money to support my "habit".  I am
currently trying to sell an HT 44 for the trade price I
agreed to accept, not an inflated value.

One thing I have noticed is that you and Don Mertz are
reasonable with your asking price.  Because of that, I have
purchased parts from both of you.  One particular purchase
from Don was memorable.  He requested that I send the amount
he wanted to the Spectrum Defense Fund sponsored by the ARRL
rather than accept the money.  By the same token you have
furnished parts to me at reasonable prices with fair
shipping costs.  In return I sent you some FT 243 crystal
holders that I did not need so you could furnish, at nominal
costs, crystals to guys who use them.

I don't hold anything against people who make a profit in
ham radio, but I do not do business with them either buying
or selling.  And I have passed up some pieces that I wanted
because of that.  By the way, if anyone wants an HT 44 with
the PS 120-150 in good condition, send me an email off list.
I will sell it to you for what I paid.

Jim/W5JO