[AMRadio] AM vs SSB: Cost

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue May 1 19:56:28 EDT 2007

The good news is that Extra and General numbers are up which is where you
want them to go.

For weak signal phone DX communication, SSB is the best way to go. You
don't need to "sound good"; you just need to be heard.

To eliminate quacking, turn your SSB product detector on.

And, take a youngster to listen to some AM QSO's on 75 M for some
enlightenment.

Pete, wa2cwa
Dayton Spaces 1960-1961