[AMRadio] WAS:Spy radio - Swapmeet and Auction Ethics

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:50:03 EDT 2007

Zengmeiste at aol.com wrote:
>  Erm...oops!  Please ignore my previous post re: what's in a name;
>  I dint read all the way thru the accumulated posts like I should have.
>
>  See what happens when you move and don't have your PC on for a week?
>   (and digest mode would help, too, eh? HI.)

I don't care for digest mode.

I agree that quotes should be trimmed, and the headers and footers of
the message should be trimmed, as well.  But, as an old-time reader of
electronic messages (land-line BBS's were popular from around 1985, or
86 when I got into computers, with a 300-baud modem on top of that!) I
find that sometimes it's desirable to sort the messages, that are
filtered from my 'in-box' to the 'AM-Reflector' folder I created for the
messages to be put, by subject.   This is called 'reading by thread
This is why digest mode doesn't work for me..

Then again, there are those who insist on changing the subject line when
they reply.  That certainly doesn't do a thread reader any good, either.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get 'yet another' private message (with a different
subject on it, so I'll have to guess what's being talked about) saying
that someone else complained about what I said, and my membership would
be held under review, pending my reply...  yes I'm serious - that
actually happened.

Brian, I hope your neck surgery came out for the positive.  You've
always been, at least to me, a valuable asset to the AM community by
providing the am Reflector for those of us who wish to participate in it.

All the best to you, m'friend.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR