[AMRadio] USPS Changes May 14

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Sun May 6 00:54:05 EDT 2007

 "EP Swynar"  writes:

>FedEx may good for domestic shipments, i.e. U.S.A.-to-U.S.A., but for INTERNATIONAL deliveries --- like the U.S.A. to Canada --- FORGET it!

>Like all of the other "commercials", they have the very ODIOUS habit of charging us a MINIMUM $25.00 "...brokerage fee" on everything they might>carry across the 49th parallel...And lest you think I'm merely whining, I've a VERY strong suspicion that said policy is reciprocal on shipments from us, to you...
>~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

  Well, a couple years ago an E-Bay Item winner from Quebec failed to pay the 25% Brokerage fee to FedEx. FedEx sent paperwork showing that THEY were billed the amount by non affiliated brokerage firm. The fine print in their shipping contract allowed them to legally bill me for the amount almost 4 months later when I no longer had legal recourse with the buyer.

 I don't think it's all FedEx's fault. There is a middle man
on the border charging a lot for simple paperwork processing or whatever they do.

 Probably does work both ways.

Bill
KB3DKS/1