[AMRadio] high-priced accessories and audiophools revisited

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Mon May 7 18:18:42 EDT 2007

Rick said:
I have not seen this personally, but I was told by a client that he had a
special line pulled from the pole, using some weird kind of wire.  From
there he used even more weird wire (oxygen....??? Something or other?) to a
single outlet (no doubt some special type, so he thinks) used exclusively
for his gazillion dollar audio system.  Considering what I have seen
advertised on the web I am inclined to believe him.  He got very touchy on
the subject when I asked what about the million miles of wire leading up to
his power pole outside!  To each his own.

The fellow I take guitar lessons from told me that when he moved into his
latest house, he looked underneath and saw that some of the electrical was
wired with coax!! I don't know if the former owner was an audiophool or not.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK