[AMRadio] Gates BC-1T

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Mon May 7 20:34:26 EDT 2007

You can see how I interfaced my DDS VFO (about 9 volts peak-to-peak output)
to the oscillator section of the BC-1T on my website at

http://www.wd8das.net/Gates/GatesOsc.jpg

The stock crystal switch had additional positions available so I just changed
where the stop tab was and made it a three-position switch:  F1, F2, and VFO.
 Put a BNC on the bottom of the osc/buffer module for the VFO signal to
enter, and it works great.  I've not had any trouble with the RF output of the
buffer running in the same harness as the power supply lines, but as Don points
out it is pretty dumb that way and should probably be changed.  But it works OK
in mine as-is, so far.

Steve WD8DAS