[AMRadio] 3.878 & 3.892

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:57:10 EDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:
> I just wandered into the shack and turned up the volume on
> my receiver.  It was setting on 3.885 and I could hear only
> a weak carrier, so I tuned up then down through the subject
> frequencies.
>
> I hear nothing, nothing of the SSB bunch.  Has something
> happened of which I am ignorant?

I doubt it Jim.  Since there is little or no AM activity in the
"window", they have nothing to talk/gripe and complain about.  If you
ever just sit and listen to those guys on 3892, Bernie, Kenny, and the
rest, all they seem to have for subject material is "those lousy
AM'ers",  They commonly will ID with for example, "...this is K8RXW
and AM is trash".  He's one guy I'd love to meet up with at a hamfest
one of these days....

Brian / wa5am