[AMRadio] #4 wire from mains? - they gotta be kidding

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Wed May 9 20:09:47 EDT 2007

Jim,

Well its all about drop and mains "stiffness".

I am sure with your short run,  ampacity is all you have to worry about.

My RCA BTA-1R1 manual calls for #8 for each conductor.  I use #10 and
my run is comparable to yours.  My TX branch feed is from a submain
fed with #6.  The #6 run (150 amp mains) is about 60 feet and the #10
is around 25 feet.

Larry

Larry