[AMRadio] #4 wire from mains? - they gotta be kidding

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:13:45 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Larry Will <lhwill at verizon.net> wrote:

> At Gates they had no idea what the branch circuit wire run distance
> is so they made a specification that probably could apply to worst case.

I Love the Gates' manuals Larry.  They are actually very good, however
somewhat simplistic and even humorous on certain things like one
section about powering up with both rectifiers says "..Are you feeling
brave"!

I think a lot of this was they wanted the users to be safe, rather
than sorry, or worse, dead.  Some of it is written as if some
"appliance operator" would actually be doing the installation, setup,
and applying power to the tower.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Brian