[AMRadio] #4 wire from mains? - they gotta be kidding

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:23:52 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading the Gates BC-1T manual and found two instances where
> they state that #4 wire should be used.  One says:
>
>  "3) ...provide #4 or larger primary wiring from entrance box to transmitter".

A lot of good info from the folks here, Brian. They've covered it all
from line regulation, insulation, length of run, 24/7 operation, etc.
Larger wire, even if not technically needed in all situations,
certainly covers it all in one fell swoop.

I picked up some nice cable recently for transmitter power, 50' of #6
I think? Used 25' for the KW-1 to get it out of the kitchen and have
the other 25' for the 300G. Larger than what was on either
transmitter, but the price was right (50¢/ft) and the additional
safety cushion is nice.

As Chuck mentioned - we expect nothing less than a full set of pics
when completed, close ups of those 833s, and good shots with filaments
lit. (o:

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ