[AMRadio] Relay K5 in BC-1T

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun May 13 16:49:52 EDT 2007

Brian,

I noticed in the manual K5 is listed as a 600 volt Time Delay Relay if that
helps.  My old eyes aren't that good either and I have yet to find it in the
schematic or pictorials.  My copy is not that good and the pictures are hard
to make out.

Rick/K5IZ

...Appears to me that K5 heaters are energized by K1 and in turn K5 will
close and allow (some)
output of the LV power supplies.  I suspect this is due to letting the
filaments on some of the LV tubes to light prior to plate voltage
being supplied to them, 30 seconds best I can tell.
Thanks,
Brian / wa5am