[AMRadio] Globe Champion 350 & HQ-170A

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun May 13 17:57:08 EDT 2007

Kim:

The AX 9909s are hard to find and some people tell me they
don't last very long.  That I can't attest to since my Globe
Champ has 8643s in the final.

The article on how to make the change from AX 9909s is in ER
some time back.  If you need it, I can scan and email to
you.  The article converts the AX 9909s to 5894s, which work
just fine.

I made the conversion with 5894s and switched to 8643 since
it has a higher plate voltage rating than the 5894.  There
are other tubes that can be used, but I have never seen
them.

If I can help, email direct and I will give you any
information I have.

73

Jim/W5JO