[AMRadio] Bringing to Dayton (Lulus)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:30:23 EDT 2007

On 5/15/07, Donald Sanders <w4bws at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ed, any chance of providing schematic and assembly
> photo or other info on the LULU TX and RX on a
> web site. I have been looking at pictures in older
> QST's and would like to build a TX and a RX

Don -

You may already know this but if not - the Lulu was originally a radio
club project that grew into actual production units produced by Ed's
company Whippany Labs. As such, the HB examples show up from time to
time at hamfests, sales, and on ebay. Usually with little or no
interest from others. A fellow in NH has one that I offered to buy to
use as a comparison with my factory TX, but as soon as I showed
interest and mentioned money, it became priceless. Before that he was
wondering what to do with it other than tossing it.

Like Ed, I've been patiently searching, waiting, and hoping to come
across a receiver for my lonely TX. A fellow by the name of Mike
Hopkins used to keep track of them with a registry, but Pete informed
me last year that he had passed away. He was big into converters by
Tecraft and others as I recall.

Neat little rigs, to be sure.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ