[AMRadio] Neutralizing Coil

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue May 15 22:20:27 EDT 2007

The neutralizing coil for my BT-20-A has lost a large portion of the enamel
insulation from the winding.  I am wondering, if I coat the winding with a
lacquer of some kind, do you think it would seep down around the wire enough
to form an insulation?  It's possible that the insulation on the sides of
the wire is not gone, but I can't tell for sure.  There is a picture of the
coil on the AMfone.net: http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?board=27.0 if
you'd like to take a look.  The coil placement is very close to one of the
810 finals and I'm sure the heat was a big factor in cooking the enamel off
the wire.  I don't think I've run into this before so I am not sure what the
best course of action is.  I can rewind the coil, but sure don't want to
unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any advice...
Rick/K5IZ