[AMRadio] dayton

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:52:12 EDT 2007

On 5/20/07, Geoff/W5OMR <ars.w5omr at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those who've not been to Dayton, but -have- been to Belton, imagine
> a 'good' Belton, outside, x100.
>
> Imagine the whole of the Bell County Expo Center parking lot filled with
> vendors, and you've got the outside area of Dayton.  The inside was
> commercial stuff, and therefore not too interesting to me.

Sorry I missed you Geoff, I *did* keep my eyes peeled above average
crowd height in hopes of finding you. Missed a number of other folks
as well, but did manage to meet a few who henceforth were only known
via on air or online.

Forgot to bring a camera with me but 'VJB took plenty of pics and has
some posted over on amfone.net under QSO. I got home after midnight,
so I still have to put down my thoughts and sightings at some point
soon.

The best deal of the event for three of us (now known as the Eimac
Boys) was finding a guy with a huge case of NOS 4-400As and chimneys.
WA2PJP, W2XR and myself ended up with a dozen or more, leaving maybe
4-6 in the box. Bulk buying power got a price reduction from $100 ea
to $75 ea. Date codes from 88/89. It was all in the timing.

Most amazing find for me was the matching/correct RF ammeter for my
300G, verified by 'VJB. Paid a whopping $4, sure was pleased to find
it. Opted not to buy the beat up SX-88 with custom wood escutcheon for
$5500. *snort*

Sure was a lot of stuff there, plenty of people too.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ