[AMRadio] Re: Dayton

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 05:09:27 EDT 2007

Here's a scary thought:
>got
>all excited and showed me a picture of Paul,

Geoff, Brian, daggone sorry I missed meeting up with
you. I was traveling with John / W3JN and Steve /
WB3HUZ at their traditional fleamarket slots right off
the arena's outdoor hamburger grill near Mendelsohn's
surplus tents.

I posted a series of pictures while we were out there,
the motel had wi-fi. Bill KA8WTK now also has posted
some. The thread began last week.

Also shot some video to make a production some day.
Here's a small snippet showing the fleamarket. 1.6Mb,
MP4, compatible with QuickTime 6

http://wa3vjb.amham.com/pics/Dayton-Pan.mp4

Hope you guys will post or send some shots too and we
can make a collective scrapbook.

John, AWM, the people from Virginia Beach with all
that old gear were selling the collection of his
father, not hers. I spoke with him for a while since I
grew up in that town. He said the OM would get a rig
with something wrong with it, fix it, and put it up on
the shelf. The process spanned 50 years.

I don't know what motivated their pricing strategy,
but the OM was thrifty and I bet that figures into the
son's monetary perspective of "not gonna give it
away."

On the $1500 Ranger, yes, it's pictured in the same
thread. That's a panel re-done by Dee W4PNT, somewhat
famous, and the job cost $500 itself said the seller,
W0YVA, Bob, who lives in the Va suburbs south of DC
and  runs the East Coast round of First Wednesday AM
Night on 3880Kc.

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=11071.0

If anyone has some shots they want posted over there
just email them to me.

Paul/VJB