[AMRadio] Re: Dayton

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:40:29 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Geoff/W5OMR <ars.w5omr at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you were by Mendelsohn's, I must have walked past y'all at least a
> dozen times.  Half the day without identification, and with a callsign
> shirt after 9:30 and then had a callsign hat after 9:45am, Saturday.

Don't know how we missed, Geoff - no doubt the same way you, Paul, and
others missed each other. I hung out around the tent with 'VJB, JN,
and 'HUZ and so did 'PJP and 'XR when they wandered back. But it took
us most of Friday to find them, so I can certainly understand.

If you saw a guy wearing a blue UF Gators baseball cap, it was likely
me. Not sure too many others would do that in OSU territory
considering last years title matches. I missed the 450s but saw some
204As including a very early globe version with copper/brass base. Was
tempted by a newer version with mounting hardware for $125. Now
there's an old buzzard rig waiting to happen! Those guys had a lot of
great stuff from the 20s-30s and earlier.

And I was sooooo excited to meet the 'other' Dayton newbie! Maybe next
time, Geoff?

> One last note, on the visit to Brett/N2DTS' shack.... we were on 3.885,
> talking with some of the local guys, and then a W2??H, in Cherry Hill,
> NJ (across the street, practically) moved us down to 3.880 and turns out
> it was someone that Brett knew from 25 years ago.   Then Jay/W3JWW(?)
> broke in, but we were on the way out, anyway.  GREAT signals from
> everyone.  Brett's got it going on, with the station!

Yes, Brett hammers in up here on 40 when I hear him on the weekends.
You may be thinking of Jay/N3WWL, deep voice?

Are you going to be there tonight? If so, maybe we can work later? I'm
just up the map a few hours...

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ