[AMRadio] dayton

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue May 22 14:36:51 EDT 2007

I'm back from scenic Dayton. Drove back on Monday and had to crawl the
last 20 miles on the PA turnpike (multiple accidents on both sides of the
road) to get to NJ.  Saw lots of people while quickly walking the flea
market and many others stopped by my spaces to say hello. Tried and
sunburnt, and bones aching, but what a great time. I didn't get to turn
the TV on until Sunday night and I got there on Wednesday. I stayed on
the hotel where all the "contesters" and "Dx'ers" hang out. These people
don't get to bed until 3 AM or later. When I went to the elevator on my
floor Saturday morning around 6:30AM, there had to be at least 100 empty
or half-empty beer bottles and glasses, half eaten pizza, and some stuff
on plates that I had no clue what it was sitting on the credenza opposite
the elevator doors. Saturday night went down to the Marriott (shuttle van
from my hotel drove me down and back) for a CQ Mag. party and won a set
of beautiful Tiffany wine goblets as one of their prizes. This went well
with the Icom t-shirt and Yaesu cap that I gave to the wife.

All and all, a great time. Lots of stories and happenings to remember.
Most of this stuff you can't make up. I have some photos in the camera
when I find where I packed the camera. I even saw VJB fondling equipment
in the inside exhibit area.

Pete, wa2cwa