[AMRadio] Chinese 833's

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:42:23 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, SBJohnston at aol.com <SBJohnston at aol.com> wrote:

> In my experience, in broadcast service, it is true that Chinese 833A's aren't
> as good as the domestic tubes, but they're actually pretty good.  And
> domestic 833A's aren't as good as the older 833 non-A tubes.
>
> The manufacturing tolerances might not be held as close on the import tubes,
> but 833 cathode terminal sockets should be free-floating to cover expansion
> and contraction of the tube, so there's flexibility for a small difference of
> dimensions.
>
> Sorry to hear your transmitter didn't make it all the way inside your house,
> but at least it made it to the yard!  Wrap a tarp over it and it will be fine
> until they can send a couple big guys out...

Thanks to ALL for the replies on the 833's!  Good info...

The moving co. has seen the photo of the lonely transmitter sitting
outside and sent it to everyone in the company from what I heard.  The
lady could not believe the driver left it like that.  They contacted
me this afternoon and are sending some guys out to move it into my
building where the new ham shack is going to be.  In the meantime I
have not been able to pet it or groom it any since my wife and I
imediantly covered it with a large tarp and tied the bottom tight.
With the bright blue tarp, I'm sure all the passer bys think it's a
porta potty at first glance.

73
Brian