[AMRadio] of backward tilt

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 22:54:26 EDT 2007

Brian that's an orphan-looking transmitter if I ever
saw one. Yes, many of the liftgate trucks I've rented
over the years have the same problem with the backward
tilt. One answer is to have some 2x4 stock handy to
place just inward from the rear lip, so that the thing
levels out as it reaches the ground.

Todd heard at Dayton my sickening story of trying to
test the pair of Chinese 833A he passed along. One of
them, the pins were way out of tolerance for spacing,
and would not fit in ANY of the test sockets, even
with the tightening screws all the way out.

The best prospect among the sockets sort of started to
go in, then, yes, I heard the sickening sound of
vacuum reaching the outside world. Sucked big time.
The seal broke. I think it's held onto the glass with
mucilage anyway, but that was that on that. Never lit
it up, obviously. The other one  is good.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7