[AMRadio] of backward tilt

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:28:25 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, VJB <wa3vjb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brian that's an orphan-looking transmitter if I ever
> saw one. Yes, many of the liftgate trucks I've rented
> over the years have the same problem with the backward
> tilt. One answer is to have some 2x4 stock handy to
> place just inward from the rear lip, so that the thing
> levels out as it reaches the ground.

Yeah, this one had  some real bad tilt Paul.  Our problem was the fear
of the transmitter tumbling off the back once it came out of the bed
and onto the lift.  The lift on this truck was probably 5 feet off the
ground when it was in it's up position.  I told the driver that most
of the weight is at the bottom, but considering the bad tilt of the
lift, I had no idea if it would make much difference.  Bottom line is
that it was a scary experience for me and the driver.

> Todd heard at Dayton my sickening story of trying to
> test the pair of Chinese 833A he passed along. One of
> them, the pins were way out of tolerance for spacing,
> and would not fit in ANY of the test sockets, even
> with the tightening screws all the way out.
>
> The best prospect among the sockets sort of started to
> go in, then, yes, I heard the sickening sound of
> vacuum reaching the outside world. Sucked big time.
> The seal broke. I think it's held onto the glass with
> mucilage anyway, but that was that on that. Never lit
> it up, obviously. The other one  is good.

Fortunately, these 833's have been in the transmitter, so they must
have fit okay.  They were removed just prior to shipping.  Obviously,
since the old dog is still sitting in my front yard covered with a
tarp, I haven't installed these 833's yet ;)

73
Brian