[AMRadio] Re: of backward tilt

Tom Chesek tchesek at epix.net
Fri May 25 09:07:24 EDT 2007

Many moons ago when I was in high school I worked Saturdays for a regional
auto parts/home appliance chain delivering televisions and appliances. One
Saturday the driver and I were loading a new console television onto the
truck when the lift latch failed and the gate dropped straight down dumping
the television onto the ground. The cabinet had one leg break off plus a lot
of scratches. I don't know if there was any internal damage. Fortunately the
boss was watching so he knew we had done nothing wrong. We had the latch
checked out but could not find anything wrong. I suppose the latch had only
caught with the tip and was not fully engaged but I never felt comfortable
riding up and down on the lift gate after that.

Tom K3TVC