[AMRadio] Looking for locals to do on-the-air testing of my Scout

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 3 11:58:04 EST 2007

Hi Steve,

I really need to hook up that O-scope my neighbor gave me (literally) for
free two Saturdays ago. LOL!!  But I listened in the SX-96, with the gain
baced waaay off backed off, and sure enough, the audio was clipped, and
compressed.  I backed off the mic gain, to the point where these issues
disappeared.  I think this solved the problem, but I'd like to make sure,
since I used a 6146B to replace the gassy 6146 that was originally in it,
and many older rigs have problems with them.  So, when would you like to
give it a try Steve?

73,
Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - thanks for the llink of your IARU band plan letter.  I writing my
own, using yours for some ideas.