[AMRadio] Receive Preamp question

John razorback_fan1999 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 11:37:00 EST 2007

The radio I have is a Yaesu FT-101E. I know its not
the best thing in the world for AM but it was alot
better than the TS 2000 and the 1000MP for AM use. It
was the first thing I could find at the moment. It
seems to do well on 40 meters and the crystal is
messed up on 80 meters so I haven't tried it there but
on 10 meters is where it dropped off. I have a friend
that did a alignment on it but its still is not quite
what I had in mind. I know under some conditions  a
preamp is useless. Thanks for the links and I will
study it a while. I looked at some of the reviews in
eham.net and thought about the MFJ 959C...

John W5HG