[AMRadio] Receive Preamp question

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Sun Nov 4 12:45:13 EST 2007

John,
    Don't sell that FT-101 short. Of all the riceboxes, (past & present),
the -101 has some of the best sounding audio for AM. Joe, WB5ZPQ, used to
get on 160 all the time with his -101 and sounded FBOM! There are some mods
to go a little farther but it isn't too bad for coming across the Pacific.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK