[AMRadio] 5-Landers Wall-to-Wall Saturday Night

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:28:32 EST 2007

Seems a bit early in the season, perhaps because it's felt so little
like autumn up until recently in the northeast. Tuned around late
Saturday night after the band went long early in the evening, cutting
local operations short. Heard a number of stations coming in quite
strong, including Kent KX5KW near Austin AR, Jim K5WLQ (or LWQ? I
don't have my log sheet with me) from Richardson TX, Rod W5CZ from
Indian Hills Colorado, O.J. W5OJO from Little Rock, and a few others I
know I'm missing. Most all were coming into Vermont as loud and clear
as the northeast locals do. Conditions stayed this way for the better
part of an hour and had been good before I tuned in. Heard a fellow
from Dallas running a Johnson Viking, but he left the frequency before
I could work him. 100 watts!

Was hoping to hear Brian and Jim in there, but no joy. I think the
band waited until Geoff was out of town, just to be spiteful. At least
we know the conditions are heading in the right direction for winter
time operating.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ