[AMRadio] Knight T-60/Hallicrafters HT-40?

Michael Mertes fnerks1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 14:09:13 EST 2007

The Knight T-60 is screen modulated and very low power
in AM mode. Avoid it if possible. The transmit audio
isn't very good unmodified (i.e. horrible). I would
not recommend buying one to use on AM if you don't
already have one. The T-60 was made as a CW novice
station that advertised AM; which a Novice could use
on AM after they upgraded their license, but it was
poorly designed for AM. The T-60 uses a TV sweep tube
in the final that may be difficult to find NOS.

I don't know about the Hallicrafters HT-40.

Mike Mertes /kz5m