[AMRadio] ARRL Director explains IARU bandplan to the "ignorant"

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:57:00 EST 2007

> The current mini-uproar is the result of a very few ignorant people
> with issues making postings to various un-moderated Internet email
> reflectors.

Dear Mr. Isely,

I find these sort of comments very insulting to those who have a right
to discuss and seek information freely about an issue that is of great
concern to them.  If you feel there are those of us who are "ignorant
people", maybe the ARRL should have posted an easy to understand
explanation to the public on their website.  Maybe even quote your
email publicly?

I own and manage the only AM email list that I'm aware of, and have
since 1997.  It has never been moderated because I believe in allowing
free speech when it pertains to any issue with the operation of AM on
the amateur bands, so long as those discussions remain civil, and on
topic.  I assure you that my policy on that will NOT change.

Sure, there may be certain comments made that are from those who do
not fully understand all the legalese and "loopholes" in these
documents, but perhaps not all of us understand the higher meaning of
things that you can.

Thanks for your terse explanation.

Brian Sherrod / wa5am

--
"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dawg"/K5BAI

Harvard Minor Planet Station (MPC) H44/Cascade Mtn. Arkansas
www.arksky.org