[AMRadio] ARRL Director explains IARU bandplan to the "ignorant"

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:55:59 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 10:43 AM, KX5KW <ars.kx5kw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think sentences 2 and 3 give evidence that sentence 1 is not true.

No.....say it isn't so!  A League leader exaggerating, downplaying, or
otherwise twisting the facts to suit his needs? Can't be.  (o:

> If it was true that AM is only legal because of "AM footnotes", it
> would certainly be a one step process to leave them out at some point
> in the future.  That's probably what some people hope will happen.

Precisely why so many objected to AM being given an 'exception' in
their previous attempt.

> I believe the "mini uproar" showed him that it will not happen without
> resistance.  Good that he noticed.  :)

Yeah, 'mini' my.....footnote. If they get their way, they can
truthfully claim that they didn't move to shut down AM. Just stifled
it to a point that it's no longer enjoyable. With the expanded phone
band privileges (and less competition for more spectrum by fewer hams
as time goes on), the old 'inefficient/takes too much bandwidth'
argument holds a lot less water.

Was good to work you last weekend, Kent. Looking forward to more
excellent conditions ahead.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ