[AMRadio] 6U8 Subststute and the 20a

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Nov 12 09:00:42 EST 2007

Nice setup Jim. Ive had the full range of CE transmitters from 10A to 200V
and everything in between.

How did you handle the 8877 conversion as far as mounting and cooling?  The
DTR-2000 had the tube horizontal and blowing all the heat right on the tank
circuit. That caused a bit of tuning drift as the fixed caps for 80/160 were
right in the path; more so when the PS was upgraded to 3500V.

Ive a pair of MLA-2500's here being converted to 6M for customers,
thankfully the 8875's are full power. But Ive been looking for tube swap
ideas that get rid of the heat better.

Carl
KM1H