[AMRadio] Re:Reactor Wanted

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:09:11 EST 2007

W9LBB wrote:
> It's interesting tho...  I don't think I've ever heard of a rig that runs a
> much higher B+ on the modulator plates than it runs on the FINAL.

John/WA5BXO runs 2400v on his (4) 813 (push-pull parallel) modulator,
and ~1200 on a pair of 250TH's.

He used to have a rig that ran a pair of 304TL's, that ran 1300 or 1400v
on the final, and the same modulator (same voltage).

The voltage on the modulator is what's needed to properly modulate the
amount of carrier produced, without flat-topping or causing distortion.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR