[AMRadio] Re:Reactor Wanted

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Nov 13 04:37:34 EST 2007

> It's interesting tho...  I don't think I've ever heard of a rig that runs
> much higher B+ on the modulator plates than it runs on the FINAL.
>
> Mr. T., W9LBB

Mine does.  Runs fixed power supply output of 2600 volts on the modulator,
and the rf final power supply is fed through a variac, adjustable from 0 to
2000 volts maximum.  I  normally run it somewhere between 1600 and 2000
volts.  Been running it that way ever since I built the rig in 1970.

With the 1.55:1 modulation transformer turns ratio, I get plenty of headroom
and clean audio, even at maximum modulation peaks.

Don k4kyv