[AMRadio] Best Heathkit AM Transmitter

Greg bluebirdtele at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:04:06 EST 2007

How about a Heathkit HX 10 aka Marauder?
It does AM. Not as much punch as a plate modulated rig but it does work and
the signal is passable without having to tweak the original circuits.
When the AM'ers fade out you can always flip a switch and go ssb too.
It doesn't have any weak spots and there have been no modifications
published that amount to anything.   The vfo is very stable and no crazy
linkage systems behind the front panel. The HX 10 is still kind of a sleeper
for the collector/user so the prices should be reasonable.
Happy hunting
Greg
WA7LYO
Kinston NC