[AMRadio] Re: P.S. - you get to run 1000W input on AM up here

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Nov 13 14:53:45 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

Canada is nothing BUT a nation of ex-pats as it is...! I know --- my parents
were part of the great wave of immigration from Europe that swept into the
country in the years after WW2.

Have you ever heard of the expression "DP"...? Well, that was about as vile
a name as the "n" word is to-day to Afro-Americans, only "DP" --- or,
"Displaced Person" was the slangy name entrenched Canadians threw at
everyone who was new to the country back then. It was NOT pretty. We were
made to feel less-than-human by a large sector of the population, and one
could practically feel the bias & prejudice in school, on job sites, etc.

But enough of that...

Hey all you Americans --- as long as you've got a passport, that's about all
you'll ever need to come up here for a visit. Whenever we cross the border
to visit our son in Maine, all we ever do --- both ways --- is simply show
the guard our birth certificates & our passports, & we're home free (but
I've also read somewhere that Americans, as a nation, have one of the LOWEST
per capita ownership of passports of any country in the world --- maybe
that's why a lot of you guys think our currency is the peso, and that we
speak French in the province of Toronto...eh?).

So get those documents ready, folks --- because if there really IS such a
thing as global warming, there'll be hordes of you flocking north of the
border not for the snow & back bacon, but for the temperate weather, and dry
land...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ