[AMRadio] Best Heathkit AM Transmitter

joe at tronixland.com joe at tronixland.com
Tue Nov 13 16:05:28 EST 2007

BEST HEATH AM TRANSMITTER:
I have never owned the DX-100 or 100B but plan to when the right deal comes
along. I do own an unmodified Apache and have received good audio reports
after getting some things right. The "Scratchy Apache" can sound decent
unmodified if properly adjusted and using a high impedance microphone such
as an EV 638. I never got good audio reports using a D-104 on my Apache. The
transmitter is very well built and looks great in the shack. I only wish it
had 160 meters, otherwise I'm very happy with it. I'm currently using a 32V3
and own the Apache, BW-5100B, and two Viking II.

73, Joe KF9EU