[AMRadio] Re: P.S. - you get to run 1000W input on AM up here

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 13 18:50:38 EST 2007

Don, there is almost effectively no  enforcement of regulations up here, any
more. It's now all a form of Gentlemen's Agreement, or  total self-policing.
Here, IC know who runs  AM, and who runs BC rigs. They basically trust us,
because to a man, we're all experienced technically qualified amateurs.
(Except when it comes to VE7KFM, of course!  But that's another s sad
story!)

Ed, VA3ES
Don, k4kyv wrote:
There is a down side to the ham  radio issue.  Canada's regulations impose a
6 kHz bandwidth limitation for AM.
But that is apparently taken about as seriously as the USA's p.e.p.
bullschzit.  I have never heard of an AM'er on either side of the border
being cited for exceeding either one.  And I hear Canadian AM'ers describe
their rigs in detail, with no mention of any measures taken to suppress the
highs.