[AMRadio] Open Wire - was AMRadio Digest, Vol 46, Issue 24

david knepper collinsradio at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 08:13:11 EST 2007

Here at the Collins Radio Center/Museum,  one of our many antennas is a Zepp
fed with 600 ohm open line.  The antenna is 244 feet long and works
extremely well over the 80 meter and 40 meter dipoles.  The antenna is 1/2
wave on 160, a full wave on 80 meters and multiple wavelengs on 40 meters.

It is a great to have this capability both in gain and feed line loss.

Real radio operators use open wire feedline.

Dave, W3ST - W3CRA
Collins Radio Association
www.collinsra.com
Join the largest Collins group in the world
Nets on 7208 at 4:30 EDST every day and
Monday at 3805 at 8 PM EDST