[AMRadio] For Sale: Knight T-150

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Nov 14 19:07:28 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "JT Croteau" <jt.n1ese at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] For Sale: Knight T-150

> On Nov 14, 2007 6:26 PM, jeremy-ca <km1h at jeremy.mv.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for not going anal like that other guy that commented, my comment
>> was
>> mostly tongue in cheek.
>
> I haven't been around boatanchors long enough to know what "fair"
> market value is on a lot of this stuff and tend to set my prices based
> on what I see posted on QRZ, eGay, reflectors, and QTH.com.  My
> original asking price was also based on recent shipping costs on some
> things I have sold recently.   UPS and FedEx fees are crazy lately.
> The T-60 I listed the other day cost $46 to ship before I bought
> packing materials.

Bringing an item to the UPS counter is guaranteed to give you a shock. Plus
the rates go up weekly as the bean counters add in fuel surcharges and
constantly changing fees to rural Zip Codes and others that dont maintain
full week to week local delivery truck routes.
I buy/sell boatanchors as well as convert HF amps to 6M for customers so Im
always dealing with heavy items. Driving to Nashua became a pain so I got my
own account, it costs me $8 a week and is an instant payback. The discount
from the counter rates is huge. A SB-220 to the West Coast for instance runs
$35-40; thats a 60# box.

FedWrex rates are usually within pennies of UPS, do you smell price fixing?

Check out Bel-Nor in Hudson 889-7577, they have decent prices on boxes and
other packing material. Sometimes real deals on odd lots or cancelled items.
Also DusoBox , 978-372-7192, over in Haverhill, MA. I get all my hard foam
free from several sources.

Carl
KM1H

When shipping 50 to 60 year old radios cross