[AMRadio] A view from the UK

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Thu Nov 15 08:03:53 EST 2007

>Howard   /   G3RXH
>Thank you for the update. yes looks like the story is the same on
>both sides of the pond. and you are correct. i use to work many G
>stations back in the 60's and 70's .

but that is not the case in the past 20 years. i have watched a
steady drop in the number of G stations on the air. and this day and
time you even see a pile up on jersey and wales stations when they
get on the air. maybe we need to put 2 mts repeaters on all the deep
ocean buoys  to increase qso's .. hi hi..
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P.
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1